Here are some things I’ve written, some places I’ve been quoted, and some places I’ve spoken.
- Anticircumvention Report: Copyright Office Discounts User Community, Public Knowledge, July 25, 2017.
- One Step Forward, Two Steps Back: IPEC’s Three-Year Plan, Public Knowledge, January 18, 2017.
- Copyright Supremacy: SONA’s Unsound Legal Theory, Public Knowledge, September 14, 2016.
- Not the Agency You’re Looking For: The Copyright Office’s Misguided Antitrust Adventure, Public Knowledge, July 25, 2016.
- An Alternative View Of The DoJ’s ASCAP/BMI Consent Decree Review, Hypebot.com, August 3, 2016.
- Google v. Oracle Fair Use Victory: How Did We Get Here?, Public Knowledge, May 27, 2016.
- Seizing the Opportunity of the Digital Single Market, Principles for Europe’s Digital Ambitions, Mar. 14, 2016.
- Oceans Rise, Cities Fall, DVD Ban Remains, Public Knowledge, Nov. 4, 2015.
- Blowing out the Candles on “Happy Birthday”, Public Knowledge, Sep. 25, 2015.
- Down Periscope: Further Thoughts on Periscope, Meerkat, and the DMCA, Public Knowledge, May 22, 2015.
- Up Periscope: Law and Live Video in the Meerkat Era, ReCode, May 7, 2015.
- The Not-So-Great Case Against Our §1201 Exemption Requests, Public Knowledge, April 30, 2015.
- Ed Christman, ‘Disappointing’: Publishing Industry Expresses Confusion, Concern Over Sweeping Dept. of Justice Decision, Billboard, July 5, 201.
- David Lazarus, When you buy digital content on Amazon or iTunes, you don’t exactly own it, Los Angeles Times, May 13, 2016.
- Andrew Albanese, Google Case Ends, but Copyright Fight Goes On, Publishers Weekly, Apr. 22, 2016.
- David Kravets, VW scandal highlights irony of EPA opposition to vehicle software tinkering, Ars Technica, Sep. 21, 2015.
- Practicing in the New Music Licensing Marketplace (Panelist) – ABA Antitrust Section Spring Meeting, March 29, 2017
- The Internet of Things You Don’t Own (Panelist) – SXSW Interactive, March 15, 2017
- Circumventing the Future: The Fate of Section 1201 (Panelist) – Copyright and Technology NYC 2017, January 24, 2017
- Relationship of Section 1201 to Copyright Infringement – Consumer Issues and Competition; Rulemaking Process – Evidentiary and Procedural Issues (Participant) – United States Copyright Office Section 1201 Study Public Roundtables, May 19, 2016
- From Creating Knowledge to Self-Actualization: Copyright, Social Justice, and Human Development (Panelist) – IP Mosaic Conference, March 18, 2016
- Internet of Things: Just Someone Else’s Computer? (Moderator) – SXSW Interactive, March 11, 2016
- Current Issues in Copyright Seminar: Section 1201 and the Section 1201 Rulemaking (Guest Speaker) – Columbia Law School, March 1, 2016
- Delivering Bits and Bytes Through a Victrola: the Future of the Digital Music Industry (Panelist) – NYU Law School, February 3, 2016